Explore Plovdiv, the second largest city in Bulgaria and one of the oldest in Europe - the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. The town in its present appearance was built around seven hills – the hills of Plovdiv which are very significant part of the city’s history.
Take a walk in the old part of the town. Listen to the guides stories and observe the small cobblestone streets with its houses from the National Revival period, an imposing open air museum. Visit the Hindlyan House – the most richly decorated house, built to the taste of a rich merchant and landowner.
Next stop will be the Roman Amphitheatre - one of the best preserved antique theatres in the world. Built in the beginning of the 2nd century AD during the ruling of Emperor Trayan (98 – 117 AD), the theatre is the most emblematic monument of the constant cultural and historical life in city over the centuries until nowadays.
- Visit of the antique Roman Amphitheatre
- Visit of Hindlyan House
- Optional lunch in a typical for the region restaurant in the Old Town
Price of BGN 65
per person when min. 25 pax group booked
- Entrance fee for the Roman Amphitheatre and the Hindliyan House
- Air-conditioned coach acc. to group size
- German/ English/ Dutch/ French speaking guide (or other upon request and availability)
Price does NOT include:
- Lunch (price upon request)
- Tips and personal expenses
- The program is subject to changes. TUI Bulgaria reserves the right to change the route.
- Minimum participants for operating the tour: 25
- ТUI Bulgaria will inform the clients for cancellation of the trip because of not reached minimum participants, not later than 5 days before the departure date.