Immerse yourself in the history and the culture of the Bulgarian Ancient Past!
Situated in a picturesque valley, Panagyurishte has more than 300 historical monuments. Listen to your guide’s stories in the Museum of History and discover the famous golden treasure, founded near Panagyurishte. The treasure, made of gold at the end of IV or the beginning of III c. BC has a total weight of 6 kg and is a proof for the high material and spiritual culture of the local Thracian tribes.
Then explore the typical houses from the Revival period and feel the spirit of the April Uprising, which was announces on 20 April 1876 in Tuteva house. In the Dudekova’s house you can see the way of life and the culture of the people during this period. Lekov`s house was a property of a rich merchant, revolutionary and participant in the April uprising. The house is famous with its inside and outside paintings - a work of the local master Ivan Zografov. Visitors are impressed by "The Cycle of Life" painting, representing typical for the Epoch philosophy of life. A special place in the hearts of the local people occupies the native house of Rayna Popgeorgieva, also known as Rayna Knyaginya. In 1876, the local revolutionary committee assigned to Rayna to embroider the flag of the Panagyurishte rebels.
- Panagyurishte Gold Treasure
- Revival Houses from the April Uprising
Price of BGN 49
per person when min. 25 pax group booked
- Entrance fee for the Museum of Panagyurishte and museum houses
- Air-conditioned coach acc. to group size
- German/ English/ Dutch/ French speaking guide (or other upon request and availability)
Price does NOT include:
- Tips and personal expenses
- The program is subject to changes. TUI Bulgaria reserves the right to change the route.
- Minimum participants for operating the tour: 25
- TUI Bulgaria will inform the clients for cancellation of the trip because of not reached minimum participants, not later than 5 days before the departure date.