Explore the Bulgarian capital. Be fascinated by the mixture of cultures and religions that live in peace at one and the same place.
Start with a visit of the National History Museum – one of the largest and richest history museums on the Balkan Peninsula. More than 650,000 cultural monuments are preserved inside it, representing the history of the Bulgarian land from the period 8,000 years ago to the present day.
The next stop is the Boyana church, one of the most remarkable medieval monuments in the world with especially fine wall paintings in the interior (from the 11th, 13th, 15-17th and 19th centuries) - a UNESCO designated monument.
In the afternoon you will have two hours walking tour in the city center where you will visit the largest Orthodox Cathedral on the Balkan Peninsula – Alexander Nevski and will learn more about the past of this ancient city. Pass by the National Library, Sofia University, The Parliament, the National Theatre, St. Sofia Church, Sofia's oldest building - St George Rotunda, the houses of the Council of Ministers, Presidency, the ruins of the ancient city of Serdika (dating from the 5th-6th C), the main shopping streets of Sofia.
- National History Museum
- Visit of the Boyana church, UNESCO Monument
- Walking tour in the city center
Price of BGN 59
per person when min. 25 pax group booked
- Entrance fee for National Historical Museum and the Boyana church
- Air-conditioned coach acc. to group size
- German/ English/ Dutch/ French speaking guide (or other upon request and availability)
Price does NOT include:
- Tips and personal expenses
- The program is subject to changes. TUI Bulgaria reserves the right to change the route.
- Minimum participants for operating the tour: 25
- TUI Bulgaria will inform the clients for cancellation of the trip because of not reached minimum participants, not later than 5 days before the departure date.